The UPS Encounter

December 24-25
I dread showing my face again at our UPS store.  While having a package full of my father's army and college memorabilia weighed for shipping, I lost it when the lady behind the counter told me to take my hand off the box.  It was then I realized emotions mounting up, as I was letting yet another part of my father go away.  Immediately, the image of not wanting to let the funeral home people take him away in the hearse came to mind.  The sobs came forth and I couldn't stop.
Apologizing to the store owner, she said, "Hey, that's alright. That's what grief does…it just jumps up and grabs you at unforeseen moments. Tomorrow will be a better day."

Daddy teaching all the children and their spouses to play pass the orange!

For all of you wishing you had someone specific sharing Christmas with you and it just isn't possible, my heart goes out to you.  It's a bizarre season…happiness for so many, yet unbearable hurt for others.
I think the demons work overtime at Christmas. Sing praise the next couple days. It gives strength and encouragement to the angels who battle so diligently for us and it really ticks the demons off!  

Glory, Glory, Glory to God in the Highest!

Then remember, the one whose birth we celebrate will never leave us or forsake us. I can only imagine the celebration in heaven this time of year!  Wait...there is that kind of celebration everyday in heaven!

So they hurried off and and found Mary and Joseph, and the baby, who was lying in the manger. When they had seen him, they spread the word concerning what had been told them about this child, and all who heard it were amazed at what the shepherds said to them.  But Mary treasured up all these things and  pondered them in her heart. They shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things they had heard and seen, which were just as they had been told.  Luke 2:16-20 

Due to computer DISASTERS it is necessary for me to post my Merry Christmas message while I have a computer to use.  My the video below brighten you day and may you find time this Christmas to sneak off with the birthday boy and bow before him in humble adoration!

http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=01091JNU&utm_source=GodTube%20Today&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=12/05/2013

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?