Grief Jumped up and Bit Me

This little grandson was having a wild hair day every time he went down the slide!

April 30-May 1
Yesterday, I had a wild day myself.  Grief, over the loss of our friends' son, jumped up and bit me as my Bible Study Fellowship ladies were singing "When We All Get to Heaven."  I made it through the first verse and by the chorus I had a major, belly sobbing, melt down.  I don't know half of these ladies well and only four knew why I was sobbing.  After we completed the song, the leader graciously said I think we need to pray. I was ready to make an exit, thinking I couldn't go on, but she prayed for the Holy Spirit to comfort me and He did.

The lesson was on "heaven," so I'm glad I stuck it out, but I was wiped out for the remainder of the day.  Grief is sneaky like that.  Eventually is has to find its' way out.

Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
Lamentations 3:22-23 

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?