Give Thanks in Injustice

"I will give the Lord the thanks due to his righteousness.
And I will sing praise to the name of the Lord, the Most High."
Psalm 7:17

"But he's already made it plain how to live, what to do, 
what God is looking for in men and women.
It's quite simple: Do what is far and just to your neighbor,
be compassionate and loyal in your love, 
and don't take yourself too seriously-take God seriously."
Micah 6:8

November 22
Oh, how I pray that our new leaders are praying Solomon's request found in 1 Kings 3:9
Here's what I want: Give me a God-listening heart so I can lead your people well discerning the difference good and evil. For who on their own is capable of leading your glorious people?"

The wisdom Solomon desired came into play in that poignant story of the two mothers both claiming a child was theirs. Whew, talk about injustice...stealing someone's baby really riles my blood. A two year old in a nearby community went missing from his front yard on Saturday and the thought that someone had abducted him was devastating.  My heart prayed earnestly for his safe return as I imagined what a call would be like receiving a call saying one of our grandchildren was missing.
The community came together and found him!!!!  Evidently he had wandered off.

There is so much injustice in our world.  The She Reads Truth  author below writes in a way which has us hold up a mirror and look inward for a moment.

"In this season of Thanksgiving, let us remember that God is good all the time. Even when things look unjust from our earthly perspective, or when we ourselves act unjustly, God's grace abounds. Weighing His good gifts-rain and sunshine, shelter and food, and arms linked in friendship-against my transgressions shows that the injustice is clearly on my side, not His.
A few days ago we had lunch guests, and they were joking about how my four sons are going to make great cheap labor when they are old enough to mow the lawn and chop wood. I spoke right up and made it clear that they would never be able to earn money from me because of all the things of mine they have broken and all the money they have cost us. They will NEVER be able to dig themselves out of all the debt they owe me.
And that is exactly my position with Christ. I have broken so many of His commands, I have thrown away His good gifts, I have cost Him so much-I will never be able to dig myself out of my ugly debt to Him. But unlike me, He lets it go. He looks at all the precious things I have destroyed and forgives me. I have so much to be thankful for. I want to be like Christ!
(She prays)
Lord, help us to forgive those who wrong us. Help us to see the big picture of Your blessing when we encounter injustice.  Make us like Christ."

Let's pray:
Dear God, your ways are higher than our ways. We sing praise to Your name and bow before you. Your Word instructs us to be loyal in love, to be compassionate and to do what is fair and just to all others.  The only way for that to happen is through the Holy Spirit dwelling in us and our seeking and surrendering his guidance.  As we step into today may each step, each look, each word uttered from our mouths be Spirit directed and pleasing in Your sight.  Where we see injustices occurring, fill us with wisdom if we are to assist in righting any wrongs.  In Jesus' Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?