Everyone is Watching


"Such a large crowd of witnesses is all around us!"  Romans 12:1

Standing in the Steelers locker room a few weeks ago, my husband said, "I'd really like to take a picture."  "Absolutely NOT!" was my reply. "There are cameras watching everything we do."


It's crazy isn't it.  Now days, it's difficult to go anywhere and not be seen.  There are street cams, home security cameras, school and bus cameras, even our church is protected with video surveillance inside and out. This summer I wrote about being the first on the scene of a car accident.  While the young men involved began to tell their stories, the truth unfolded easily because the car behind them had a camera on it's dash!!!  I tried to kiss my husband on a hotel elevator last month and he said, "Watch out!  I bet there are cameras on here."  I kissed him anyway.


Add to that everyone carrying a cell phone and we are constantly being watched.


God has always been watching. Long before cameras existed, but we don't seem to give as much weight to that fact.  While we cringe if someone catches us picking our noses, we go unfazed by the unkind or ugly thoughts God sees cross our minds.


"Nothing is hidden from God!  He sees through everything, and we will have to tell him the truth."  Hebrews 4:13


Just this morning I suggested a nice idea to my husband for him to do with two other people.  Instantly, my mind thought...but don't invite _____.  Immediately, I told my husband the thought I'd had and said, "That was terrible and God saw it!"

We need to make a habit of confession.  Confess and be refreshed!

Take time today to soak in David's words from Psalm 139.  We are told he was a man after God's own heart. Oh, that we all might know God in this way.  Then we would know He is the One who matters. The One who is always watching.

The Lord Is Always Near
 "You have looked deep into my heart, Lordand you know all about me.
 You know when I am resting or when I am working, and from heaven  

you discover my thoughts. You notice everything I do and everywhere I go.
Before I even speak a word, you know what I will say, and with your powerful arm you protect me from every side. I can’t understand all of this! 
Such wonderful knowledge is far above me.

Where could I go to escape from your Spirit or from your sight?
If I were to climb up to the highest heavens, you would be there.
If I were to dig down to the world of the dead you would also be there.
Suppose I had wings like the dawning day and flew across the ocean.
Even then your powerful arm would guide and protect me.
Or suppose I said, “I’ll hide in the dark until night comes to cover me over.”
But you see in the dark because daylight and dark are all the same to you.
 You are the one who put me together inside my mother’s body,
 and I praise you because of the wonderful way you created me.
Everything you do is marvelous! Of this I have no doubt.

Nothing about me is hidden from you! I was secretly woven together deep in the earth below, but with your own eyes you saw my body being formed.
Even before I was born, you had written in your book everything I would do.
 Your thoughts are far beyond my understanding, much more than I could ever imagine. I try to count your thoughtsbut they outnumber the grains of sand on the beach. And when I awake, I will find you nearby.
 How I wish that you would kill all cruel and heartless people and protect me from them! They are always rebelling and speaking evil of you.
 You know I hate anyone who hates you, Lordand refuses to obey.
 They are my enemies too, and I truly hate them.
 Look deep into my heart, God, and find out everything I am thinking.
Don’t let me follow evil ways, 
but lead me in the way that time has proven true."

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?