Commitment

The moon outside our bedroom window.  We live on Moonriver Lane! 

December 14th I embarked on a weight loss program using an app called Noom. I just realized I didn't know what it stands for so I googled and found it is moon spelled backwards. The founder choose this because "the moon is always there for your as a quiet guide when you are lost."

I've lost 15 pounds and can get into my clothes again and feel much better.  This program is a psychological approach to why we eat the way we do. You get daily tips and 3-4 minute studies to help you understand your habits and learn about foods.  I am enjoying the daily encouragement and accountability.

Likewise, I stay in daily Bible studies to keep my walk with the Lord on track. The tips that come from God's Word and organized Bible Study are beneficial.  A quote in my Bible Study Fellowship notebook says, 

"Wholehearted commitment to God involves eradicating damaging compromises from daily life."

Just as I am learning to remove certain foods from regular consumption, I'm learning there are unhealthy habits that block God's best for my life. Ha!  The news for one. 

Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him, and he will act.  Psalm 37:5

The Song

"Be the Moon" by Chris Tomlin 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sejv8a-vCyc


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?