Puddle Jumpers

 

These six puddle jumpers have been hanging out at our house lately.

They all have rain/snow boots and they have been having fun jumping puddles and splashing in the creek.  There has been some mud stomping too. Boys will be boys! 

One of the sweetest things about having them around is hearing the words, "Mama Boo,  I love you" at random times. It's such a pure love because it hasn't been prompted, it genuinely comes from their heart and melts my heart!

Today I am going to find time to play the "guess what I am writing" game and draw  "I 💗 you" on their backs.  I started with my husband before he went to work, drawing that on his hand, and he jumped for joy!!!  Those three words thrill others!

I challenge you to find creative ways to tell ten people you know that you love them today and two people you do not know that God loves them.  You might even leave a "You are loved" note in a random space...a public bathroom, a check out counter, the office break room or teacher's lounge.  Get your family on board with the love project.  

Here's the best part. Every moment of every day, no matter the puddles of life we are having to jump over or sometimes the ones we land right in, we are loved by God.

Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love… And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them.  I John 4:7-8, 16


The Song


"How Deep the Father's Love for Us" Stuart Townsend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZSirSqpM54




Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?