Cover Your Eyes

 

This photo was taken of our daughter's two oldest sons seven years ago.  
The verse, Job 31:1, is posted on a scripture sign on our basketball court.

I promised myself never to stare with desire at a young woman.

Is that wisdom being taught to the young men you know? Do the young women under your influence know the importance of dressing modestly to aid the young men around them in avoiding this temptation?

Lately, my mind has drifted back to a hot pants outfit I had in my teens that I purchased in Miami, Florida.  Fortunately, there are no photographs of me in this red two piece outfit, where my midriff showed and a gold chain attached a v-neck neckline and a chan adorned the shorts at my naval. AWFUL. 

One of the things that disturbs me most is how my parents let me go out of the house in this outfit.  Now as I recall it, I only wore it out once on a date in Miami. Maybe my father threw it out.

I'm stopping to pray right now that we all, of every age, view others from the lens of Jesus' eyes. He knows to look at everyone as precious in God's sight, Created by Him in love.  And also that for those of us who are older women, we have the courage to speak candidly to younger women about the influences of their attire.

Ooo, I could post some awful ones of me and others from the 70's but those images would not benefit anyone.

The Song
"To  Live My Life in Purity, I Promise"


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?