Praying Through Colossians Day 2


This was an exciting power of prayer experiment I did with some of our grands.  You take a white plate (solid or paper) and arrange Skittles around the edge. We used this as a pattern exercise for our 4 year old grandson. It can just be a random arrangement of the candies and will work as well.  Then you take very hot water and slowly pour it onto the center of plate and the colors begin to blend into a beautiful piece of art.

The prayer lesson is that this is an example of how beautiful it is when a variety of people come together in prayer!

Here are the next 10 prayers from the Book of Colossians.

 11) Create in me good discipline and stability of faith in You.  (2:5)

12) Cause me to be firmly established in You, with a heart of gratitude.  (2:7)

13) Thank You, Lord, that through Your Son I have been made complete. (2:10)

14) Teach me to keep seeking the things above, where Christ is seated at Your right hand. (3:1)

15) Help me to focus my thoughts on Your purposes and not on worldly situations. (3:2)

16) Please turn me away from all immorality, passion, greed, and idolatry. (3:5)

17) Cause me to put aside anger, wrath, malice, slander, and abusive speech from my mouth. (3:9)

18) Help me always to be honest toward others. (3:9)

19) I pray that my life will have compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. (3:12)

20) Give me a forgiving heart and patience with others, remembering how You have forgiven me. (3:13)

The Song

"When We Pray" Tauren Wells

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqicUCaa6ag



Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?