Easter Sunday

 


Easter Sunday at CrossPointe Church

My church connect group is embarking on a 50 day devotional study by Lysa Terkeurst called You're Going to Make It.  I'll post pieces of wisdom I'm learning along the way.  The promises found in Day 1 are highlighting worthy in your Bible!


Here is a link to the first week, but I encourage you to order the book from Proverbs 31 Ministry and sign up for the emails. 

https://p31obs.s3.amazonaws.com/YGTMI/YGTMI_1-7.pdf?utm_campaign=YGTMIOBS&utm_medium=email&_hsmi=247873518&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-9oMLRdjM7vcnSVpFsNWST4V7FLbfJpsz_RFcGohzJV-OweciE6Bj8C5bG4qlu5il5rygzfoCJ2t5ig5YpQ_rpD2nqM-w&utm_content=247873518&utm_source=hs_automation


Order the book  https://www.p31bookstore.com/products/youre-going-to-make-it?utm_campaign=YGTMIOBS&utm_medium=email&_hsmi=247873518&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-912JlZIrDs8CwgvI8DT_8WHq0b8Q6yAqya2q-L0_RCozLw17cup8chDkxJLwd75aaGZxGq6bltObVTsG2iardkG-6Sbg&utm_content=247873518&utm_source=hs_automation



Day  1 Healing is not as Neat and Tidy as I’d Like


Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light for my path.  Psalm 119:105

“I needed to surrender my vision of what I wanted for God’s better and more complete vision. That’s what Jesus did in the garden of Gethsemane when he prayer, ‘Abba, Father’ he said, ‘everything is possible for you. Take this cup from me.  Yet  not what I will, but why you will.”  Mark 14:36


God promises to guard your heart and mind.          Philippians 4:6-7

God promises to give you His peace.               John 14:27

God promises to comfort you in all your troubles. 2 Corinthians 1:3-4

God promises to help you and strength you. Isaiah 41:10

God promises to bless, protect, and be gracious to you. Numbers 6:24-26

God promises to give you rest when you’re weary and burdened. Matthew 11:28-30

God promises to hear and answer your prayers.         1 John 5:14-15

God promises to supply all your needs.         Philippians 4:19


God has a perfect plan in the midst of a million imperfect realities.


Evening - Isaiah 55:9 as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts tan your thoughts.


Prayer

God, please keep reminding me to not get attached to my own limited thinking. Give me eyes to see an expanded perspective beyond what I see right now.


God, I am prone to forget  Your faithful promises. Thank You for showing them to me in so many different Bible verses today. That You for caring about me and what I’m walking through.  I trust You with what’s heavy on my mind and know You see me as I lay those things down at Your feet tonight. In Jesus’s name.

The Song
Whether you are a little bit country, a little bit rock and roll or like traditional hymns there is a version of "Standing on the Promises" found here for you.

Standing on the Promises of God-Alan Jackson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YQXiQfEjqs


God of the Promise Elevation


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G26HDdqCyGw


Standing on the Promises -Rosemary Seimens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3d8ns9c23c



Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?