It's the Heart Stupid

This granddaughter has a heart for horses!
 

Day after day the Lord is bringing me a message on the heart in a variety of formats. My husband has been talking to his cardiologist and surgeon about the next plan for his heart issues.  I'm just finished a captivating book, When Crickets Cryabout a surgeon, his wife's battle and that of a young girl with heart disease. The book took me to an Ezekiel passage which is the perfect followup on my recent study of Jeremiah where the Babylonians have carried off the Israelites.

Ezekiel 11:17-21 Israel's Restoration will bring a new heart and spirit. 

Therefore say, ‘This is what the Lord God says: “I will gather you from the peoples and assemble you from the countries among which you have been scattered, and I will give you the land of Israel.”’When they come there, they will remove all its detestable things and all its abominations from it.  And I will give them one heart, and put a new spirit within them. And I will remove the heart of stone from their flesh and give them a heart of flesh, so that they may walk in My statutes, and keep My ordinances and do them. Then they will be My people, and I shall be their God. But as for those whose hearts go after their detestable things and abominations, I will bring their conduct down on their heads,” declares the Lord God.

Daily, we choose to have a heart for the Lord or a heart of stone. Yesterday, I struggled with some heart issues. I had allowed someone to get under my skin and it was bending me towards bitterness.  I called my husband and said, "May I just vent a bit?"  That was really unfair to unload upon him.  I should have just told Jesus. He already new my battle.

We have the ability to choose to have a heart that is united with the Lord and spirit led!  Y'all there is so much joy in the later choice and trusting the Lord to be out strength.  My prayer today is for us individually and as a nation to see clearly those things which are detestable and an abomination to the Lord and turn from them, delighting in things which are pleasing in God's  sight.

May we water our hearts with God's Word today and be refreshed as well as much more pleasing in His sight!

The Song

"The Battle Belongs" Phil Wickham

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtvQNzPHn-w


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?