Will You Be My Friend

 

                                Preppy Pastors' wives in pink and green on Palm Sunday

Anyone who knows me well, knows I thoroughly enjoy seeing people make new friends. When we have groups events here at Shiloh, no matter the age, I tell the people they must make three new friends before they leave.

Lying flat on my back at PT a couple weeks ago I was convicted of being self focused at PT and looked over at another patient and said, "I'm always telling my children to make new friends wherever they go. Will you be my friend?"  The woman chuckled and said, "Sure!" The physical therapist was holding back a laugh, not believing what he'd just heard come out of my old lady mouth.

I introduced myself and when the woman told me her first name, which was a little unusual. I replied by repeating what I thought her last name was. She was startled and said, "How do you know my name?" My reply,  "Before COVID we were on the lake one day and you were in your boat but not moving, so we came alongside to see if we could help.  You were lost and trying to find a marina, so we led you to one."

We are getting together in  a couple weeks to start up a friendship!

A friend loves at all times. Proverbs 17:17
The Song

Oh Lord, You’re Beautiful Lauren Daigle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Np_hHc2KrhA



Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?