Quietness



Therefore do no worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.              Each day has enough trouble of its own. Mathew 6:34


“We should carry only what we must on this day. Then tomorrow we will have tomorrow’s grace….It’s not that we don’t want to plan for the future and be discerning about how to handle what’s next responsibly. That’s wise and good. It’s just that we don’t want to become so stressed, fearful and full of anxiety about tomorrow that we miss the grace and goodness of this day.” Lysa Terkeurst 


Traveling to a wedding in Jacksonville, FL we broke up the trip by staying in a hotel in Columbia, SC. Living by faith and having a very packed car, I opted to leave my walker, which I’ve been relying on the past few months, at home.  The morning after I had read this devotional I awakened with very little knee pain, which surprised me having just been in the car so long.  The Lord said, “I am bestowing grace from pain upon you. You will enjoy this weekend and walk.” 


No sooner had I received that message with joy, than the enemy piped up and said, “Ah, He may take away your knee pain, but other things will hurt.”  I was able to say, “In the name of Jesus, get behind me Satan. That is not what God said!”


If we want to hear from the Lord we must quiet ourselves and ask the Lord to cleanse our hearts from all that is filtjy, so we may hear from Him.



 The Song

"Quiet" by Elevation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz0z8JWLbSA



Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?