Preparation


 Our youngest granddaughter is ready for in her Easter bonnet!

The early morning word was preparation. My mind raced, do I know what I'm wearing Easter Sunday, are my recipes in order, are fresh sheets on the guest beds, the 300 plastic eggs filled. Then my mind shifted to things needed to be prepared at church for a funeral, a luncheon, palms for palm Sunday,and Easter gifts for the children.  

Then it hit me. That wasn't at all where the Lord wanted my mind to go.  The word preparation was an inquiry to see if I was prepared to listen to Him and what He had prepared long ago for me to do with that particular day and none of the things on my mind were on His.

.....I began this devotional last week...we made it though Palm Sunday, through the memorial service of a dear church member, and the prayers for safe passage as one of our sons drove his family from Minnesota during a blizzard and through IL and IN right after the tornadoes continued their devastating spring path.

Waking up yesterday morning I looked forward to a laid back day with our family and then the phone rang.  As I heard the voice on the other end I knew a beautiful mentor, whom I loved dearly, was now in the arms of Jesus and the day took a turn which I had not been prepared for. 

I missed creating a post yesterday. In the quiet of this morning I realize God's Word teaches us so much about the need for preparation in life.

Isaiah 29:3

I will surround you and prepare to attack from all sides.


The Old Testament is filled with verse after verse including the phrase "they prepared for battle".  We too must be ready to prepare for battle and know how to put on our armor.


Luke 1:76

And you, child, will be called the prophet of the Most High; for you will go before the Lord to prepare his ways,


God has prepare specific plans for us, just as he did for John the Baptist.


John 14:2

There are many rooms in my Father's house. I wouldn't tell you this, unless it was true. I am going there to prepare a place for each of you.


One of the most amazing preparation stories is the realization that God has prepared an eternal home for us!

No matter what the day holds, God have prepared a way for us to make it through.

Trust in the Lord.

The Song

Hymn Mash-Up Anthem Lights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMVrFi75tDg

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?