Be Still


How is your new year starting off?

Do you have a list of resolutions?  A read through the Bible plan? A new exercise routine? Airplane reservations made for the coming year's vacations?

Having gained an unwanted 10 pounds due to my knee bringing on a much more sedentary life style than usual, I've signed up for an online diet plan to change my eating habits and help increase my water in take. Unfortunately, that means more bathroom trips and getting on and off the potty is excruciating for the knee. But losing weight will help the knee, so bring on the new routine. 

More importantly is how I am planning out my spiritual routine for the year.

Step 1

“Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!”  Psalm 46:10
If I do not quite myself early in the morning, before life gets into full flow and I allow others and my phone to capture my attention the growth of my faith suffers.
We have a new grand baby due January 8th and I am very blessed to be permitted to help with this newborn and her three year old sister, but I know sleep deprivation will be a huge part of this assignment. It would be easy to let the daily study and devotional time slid, but that is not a wise choice for that is where our best equipping lies.
So, I am working on a New Year's topical prayer project for the next few days  Then back into a couple group studies when I am not rocking or feeding God's newest gift to the Andrews family.
Let's open our hearts and eyes to God's Word and see what He has to say.

Remember not the former things, nor consider the things of old. Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert. Isaiah 43:18-19 

Right after typing this I began singing "All Things Bright and Beautiful."'
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11
Therefore repent and return, so that your sins may be wiped away, in order that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord.  Acts 3:10
Now let's pray.

Dawn is breaking on a new year Father. Order our days so that they begin with awe of who You are and the fact You have given us breath this day and have specific plans for us. May that be followed with a song of praise and words of repentance and thanksgiving for the forgiveness You offer.  Release any anger we may have, grudges we are holding onto, or any chains that might be binding us.


Each morning may we say, "This is the day the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it! Show me the plans for this day and lead me on Your path. I will rejoice simply because I am loved by You and my hope is in You.  In Jesus' name, Amen.


The Song

“Jireh” Elevation and Maverick City

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=mC-zw0zCCtg




.



Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?