What's My Motive

Celebrating my birthday with a long time friend who has loved me through ups and downs. Spoken like a true friend she came in the door, giggled and said, "67! Oh my Boo!"  

Back in the day, 50'-60's (ha my grandchildren would say, the 1900's?) there was a fun TV game show called "What's My Line?" Panelist guessed the occupation of a contestant using only "yes" or "no" inquiries.

One of these days we will sit before a panel of One at the Bema or Judgement Seat of Christ. 

For the Son of Man is going to come in His Father's glory with His angels, and then He will reward each person according to what He has done. Matthew 16:27

There will be no guessing involved for our hearts are fully known to the Lord.  It's a good idea for us to ask the Lord to regularly check the motives of our hearts, our minds, our thoughts.  When we are brutally honest with ourselves and the Lord they can tend to get a bit off kilter.

Prove me, O Lord, and try me; test my heart and my mindPsalm 26:2 ESV

Put me on trial, Lord, and cross-examine me. Test my motives and my heart.             Psalm 26:2 NLT

Test my thoughts and find out what I am like. Psalm 26:2 CEV

Our heart condition really matters. King Solomon had this important teaching for his sons and us...

Above all else, guard yuor heart, for it is the wellspring of life.  Proverbs 4:23  

The Song

“Here’s My Heart” Casting Crowns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkSBmRAVXNc

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?