When I am Dying...

 
Young love is exciting, but I'll take long lasting love anyday!

It was a cold, brrrr, in the teens, one January morning. My husband and I were both awake at 4AM. I asked him to snuggle up beside me and wrap his arm around me.  Then I said, "When I am dying will you hold me like this."  He said, "Yes."  Then I chuckled and said, "Well, I am dying, so you can do it every night."

He laughed and said, "You could use that for a lot of things."

We are all dying. 

For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven: a time to be born, and a time to die…  Ecclesiastes 3:1-2a

The wages of sin is death.

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23

Jesus came to die.

This is a trustworthy saying, and everyone should accept it: 'Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners'—and I am the worst of them all.  1 Timothy 1:15

The Lord awaits the death of His saints.

Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints. Psalm 116:15


We are on a journey from the moment we are born on earth.  The only way to complete the journey and return to heaven is to pass through the doors of death. We must die to live with Christ for eternity.


We have purpose while here on the journey.  Check out Paul's teaching in 

2 Corinthians 6:9 MSG. 


Companions as we are in this work with you, we beg you, please don’t squander one bit of this marvelous life God has given us. God reminds us, I heard your call in the nick of time; The day you needed me, I was there to help.


The Song

“For the Love of God “ by Andrews Ripp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbkYijXb5HQ

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?