Connected

June 23

Today's post is late because my 89 year old father took a fall yesterday
and I needed to go stay with him. Monday evenings there is a women's
Bible Study at our home and I look so forward to the amazing fellowship
each week. When I received the call about what had happened the connection of parent and child pulled tightly around my heart
and I left my husband to oversee all the women while I went to my father.
Several years ago I was called by a family to come to a hospital and pray
for their father who was actively dying. One of the distraught daughters
leaned on my shoulder and cried, "I've known him all my life."
Hmm, I thought...I guess you have.
Well, I've loved my Daddy all my life and am thankful for the bond we have.
The tears stream down my cheeks right now thinking about the day when I
will no longer be able to rub his back, hold his hand or give him a kiss.
Last night we talked about being connected to Christ and therefore ready
for heaven. Daddy confessed he would like to stay around until the end
of the summer, because he had a few more projects to complete!
When he does leave this earth I will be familiar with the remaining
relationship I have with my Abba, Father and it is into His arms I will crawl
for comfort.

Ephesians 4:25
In Christ's body we're all connected to each other.

Let's Pray: Abba, Father, what big ears You have!
Incredibly You are able to hear all Your children. Make Your ways known
to us and teach us Your paths. Keep us connected and guide us in Your truth
and teach us for YOU are the God of our salvation and we wait for You
all day long! Hear our prayers, our praises and the love of our hearts
as our heads hit our pillows tonight. In Jesus Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?