Holding Back

October 26

We have a young (very talented musically) friend who has been on The Amazing Race.
If you have tuned into this show his name is Canaan. He and his new girlfriend, Micah, both live in Nashville. Last night was the first night we had tuned in to watch. We just caught the last 15 minutes where they approached an enormous water slide...I am not even certain of the country in which this was taking place.
Micah was wearing pink water wings...a clue that she is afraid of water.
Long story short...her fear overcame her and she refused to go down the slide.
Her holding back put them in last place and they have been eliminated from
the show.

Opening a devotional reading this morning was the story of Ruth and her mother in law, Naomi. A story of undying faithfulness when a young widow chooses to follow her widowed mother in law and the faith she cherishes instead of turning back to her own homeland.
Entreat me not to leave you, or to turn back from following after you; for wherever you go, I will go; and wherever you lodge, I will lodge; your people shall be my people, and your God, my God. Where you die, I will die, and there will I be buried. The Lord do so to me, and more also, if anything but death parts you and me.
Ruth 1:16-17

May we not hold back from allowing the evidence of our faith, our love of Christ, to shine so brightly that it attracts others!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?