Come Before Winter-Tough Days


November 10
Startled by something unknown, I awakened at 1:30AM. Looking out my window the stars were shining brightly in the sky. "Come Before Winter" is the phrase on my mind. Huh? I remembered a Charles Swindoll book, copyright 1985, by that name and began to hunt for it this morning, hoping for more insight into this thought. Hmm, our son and his wife live in Minnesota, maybe we are supposed to go visit again before winter hits! :)
The sub title of the book is Come Before Winter and Share My Hope. Opening the book to its center I peered into to see if the devos were laid out by date. They weren't but the one I opened to was "Tough Days". It intrigued me enough to read on.
Swindoll recalls the the quote..."Cheer up, things could get worse." He says, "So I cheered up-and sure enough, things got worse!" Also, written down is "My mother told me there would be days like these, but she never said they would run in packs."
We've all experienced..."when it rains it pours" times in our lives. How do we trod through?
Swindoll suggested four threads to hold us together from Galatians 6
Let us not lose heart. (v.9)
Let us do good. (v.10)
Let no one cause you trouble. (v.17)
Let grace be with your spirit (v.18)

Let's weave together a plan for facing Tough Days!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?