Meeting Your Needs

November 1
And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:19

Ugh! I just had one of those late for the airport, gonna miss my flight dreams. The details are so vivid. There was road construction and we were in a left turn lane, which had been closed. My husband was driving, so I got out of the car, walked across the highway and asked a construction worker for permission for our car to turn. In the meantime another worker forced my husband to go forward, but I didn't see that. Waiting and waiting for him to turn I began concerned when he didn't show up, but I didn't have my cell phone. We were in an unfamiliar area, but I new this was the road to the airport so I began to walk. Looking down I had on one black shoe and one brown shoe. Along the way I hit an icy patch and slide down a hill getting mud all over my pants. I ended up on a college campus, walked past a rugby team and finally found a man who would allow me to use his phone. Reuniting with my husband, we finally made it to the airport, but had to run and run through the concourse and missed the flight. Waking up, I realized I've overslept and am probably going to miss an appointment myself this morning. Whew, I need some praise music to soothe my soul!
Yesterday, I was walking with a young single mom. She was so excited because her babies father has just returned from the Middle East and she and her child were going to see him this weekend. There was concern in her voice though, because she had heard he'd been in the states for a week but didn't call her. Her heart's desire was that when he saw them this weekend, he would want to marry her and be the best dad ever to this precious baby. We talked about so often God's ways are not our ways, but when our hearts' desires line up with God's will He is more likely to answer our prayers. Certainly it would be God's desire for her to have a loving godly husband and father for her baby, but this fellow may not be the one and she needed to trust God. She nodded in agreement, but had her fairy tale ending in place. Praying together before I got out of her car, she seemed to have a peace. Two hours later, I received a text!
Her soldier had called! Unfortunately, he called to tell her he had met someone else and fallen in love while overseas and was bringing this woman home to meet his parents this weekend, so he didn't want her to be there with the baby. The fairytale became a nightmare, but God had prepared her two hours earlier with the things we talked about. So, instead this weekend we are going to church together and we are believing God can work all things together for good.

Now I've got to get myself in gear and out of here, double checking to see if my shoes match.

Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think according to the power that works in us to Hm be the glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Ephesians 3:20-21

"We can confidently journey on our path of life, knowing that we have an all-knowing, unerring, and loving Guide." Henry Gariepy


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?