The Pine Garland Made Me Cuss



November 27
The devil got the best of me the other night. My husband had been sick and in terrible pain from a back injury, I'd way over committed myself ministry wise, a good part of the day had been spent on a ladder with enormous clippers trying to cut crepe myrtle branches without breaking my neck, and after spray painting them my girlfriend pointed out that my face was white from the spray paint blowing in on me.
Heading inside for the evening hours I didn't know which way to turn.  The house was a mess with Christmas decorations begging to be hung and 150 Thanksgiving cards stared at me needing addressing.
I decided to tackle putting lights on some garland and hanging the pieces over a large painting in the dining room.  For starters this was not a one person job, but I didn't want to bother my husband, who had no business lifting anything.  At one point, the left strand of garland slipped and slit my finger open when the devil made me do it...yup, I cussed.  Calling from the bedroom, my husband inquired if I was alright.  I think a scream of utter frustration sprang forth from my mouth at that point.  Turning around, the wooden Jesus sign I carved out last year fell over.  Knocking Jesus down is when it hit me...the enemy was trying to knock my Jesus joy from my life.
I rebuked him in the name of Jesus. Set the Jesus sign back up and took a deep breath.

Our enemy, the devil, prowls around looking for someone to devour.  He knows our weaknesses, when we are tired and vulnerable and he takes us down, stealing our joy, filling our hearts with disappointment, anger, regret.
Be alert and of sober mind.
Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.
1 Peter 5:8

You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast because they trust in you.
Isaiah 26:3

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?