Who's at the Controls?


November 6
One of the hand me down toys from our children to our grandchildren, which has stood the test of time, is this Little Tykes blue car.  It is a one seater, so on occasion there can be a bit of a scuffle over who gets to man the vehicle.
Upon acknowledging our need for a savior and accepting Christ, we are given the gift of the Holy Spirit to guide us and comfort us through life. He's a gentleman and only takes control, when we step out of the driver's seat and ask Him to steer.  Instead of allowing that to be part of my daily survival preparation, I often wait and holler to Him to come in when I'm at my wits end or backed into a corner.
This morning, the before my eyes opened phrase that was on my mind was "Empty me of me Lord and fill me with Your Holy Spirit."  The process needs to be a daily choice.  There's not room for both of us in the driver's seat of our life.
Who's at the controls of your life today?

Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit. Ephesians 5:18

Teach me to do your will, for you are my God' may your good Spirit lead me on level ground.
Psalm 143:10

But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.  John 14:26

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?