Come Away

January 28
At 6AM the call came.  "Come away with me to a quiet place and I will show you great and mighty things."  But Lord,  It's only 12 degrees outside, can't we do this right here in  my cozy bed.  Opening my eyes I checked to see if I was missing an amazing sunrise, but all was dark.  The whisper came again.  By seven I chose to succumb to obedience and put on my Uggs and my bathrobe, poured a cup of amazing hot tea, which our daughter had mailed me from Minneapolis the other day, turned on the fire and ventured around the house with camera in hand, looking for the ultimate in quiet spots!
Standing at the dining room window, I wondered if the giant blue heron was going to appear, but my real hope was to see the bear that was supposedly roaming in our area.
I began singing praise to the Lord and the refrain which came, humbled me and changed my perspective on the hunt.

"When will you learn my child that there is none greater than Me?"

God wasn't getting me up for some grand nature event. He was getting me up to come away with him to a quiet place to study His Word, so he could teach me great and mighty things.  So dear friends, I'm off!
Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of Your heart.
Psalm 37:4

I keep waiting for the bear to knock at the door!  :-)  Is anything too hard for the Lord?  Genesis 18:14

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?