Unnecessary Stress

January 7
The past two days I have brought unnecessary stress into my life.  I watched the season premier of Downton Abbey Sunday night and turned off the TV totally frustrated by the hateful antics of one Thomas Barrow. Then last night I watched the National Football Championship game, which our youngest son was attending in Pasadena, until the point of nausea from the stress.  His team lost in the last minute.

I'm just not cut out for controversy and competition with emotional attachments.  I thought of our German Baptist friends who don't have TV's in their homes and see great benefit for my life in that discipline.  Now I am in no way condemning the rest of my family and friends who enjoy the drama and suspense of such things, but for me I think I will stick to the Hallmark Channel, HGTV, Karen Kingsbury novels and Philippians 4:8.

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?