Relief

April 24
My man is seriously struggling with allergy issues and has had very little sleep the past few nights.  At 4:00AM he was still in bed, an answer to prayer, but at first I panicked that he might be dead sleeping that long. (Sad, I know. Yesterday, he gave up and got up at 2:30AM)  I decided to get up too and pray for him and others facing struggles. The word that immediately came to me was relief.

Looking up the dictionary definition I found this: a pleasant and relaxed feeling that someone has when something unpleasant stops or does not happen.  The removal or reducing of something that is painful or unpleasant. Ease, alleviation. 

That fits the needs of so many categories in which I'm praying for others.  Cancer, allergies, back pain, head aches, surgery recovery, loneliness, spiritual attacks, false accusations, homes to sell, etc.

Answer me when I call to you, my righteous God. 
Give me relief from my distress; have mercy on me and hear my prayer.
Psalm 4:1

In the "slang" dictionary the word they gave for relief was PHEW!  My prayer is that for all those on my prayer list needing relief, today will be the day they say, "Phew! Thank You, Lord!"

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?