Remind Me!


April 15
Now, brothers and sisters, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand.  For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures.  1 Corinthians 15:1, 3-4

The words I want to remind you of the gospel keep resonating in my mind.  Each morning I want to wake up being reminded of the gospel, of what Christ did for me. I don't ever want to take that for granted.  Yesterday, in the Dollar Store, a lady had taken a really long time with her checking out. Several items had been wrung up and then she wanted to go exchange one item. It seemed to take forever, then she let her adult daughter and her two granddaughters, who had been shopping, come up to the counter in front of me and pay for all their items.  When they were finally all finished, she turned to me and said, "Sorry for all the confusion and that that took so long.  Happy Easter!"  I just smiled, but really wished I'd said, "Aren't you so thankful Jesus died for you? or How amazing is it that Christ rose from the dead? Yes, the remembrance of that day is a happy occasion."

I think I will teach this hymn to the grandchildren this week….it makes a great action song!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oN77HjfAc8k

Lord, thank You for the amazing gift of salvation we celebrate at Easter.  May we go beyond eggs, chicks and bunnies this week.  May we go to the foot of the cross and say thank you.  In Jesus' Name, the one who paid it all, Amen!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?