Honest and Uplifting



October 13
We have a long time friend, who stepped into our lives years ago and spoke wisdom and truth at a crucial time. He moved away almost thirty years ago and we lost contact. Facebook afforded us the opportunity to reconnect and be in email contact once again.  Last week, I received an honest and uplifting email.  Combining this experience with his enthusiasm for life he's using a trial for good and becoming an encouragement to many. He wrote:


"After one week, I am now out of the Senior Behavioral Center... my care was exemplary...I have been overwhelmed by the outpouring of love and concern from all of you. I can never thank you enough. With my new freedom, comes a continued burst of energy and enthusiasm for life. 

I want you to know that I have been diagnosed with bipolar disorder. The few drugs I had been taking over the years for mild depression were totally wrong and contributed to and/or exacerbated the condition and undoubtedly contributed directly to the incident which caused my hospitalization. I have had a total do over."
Thank God for being the designer of "total do overs."  Thank God for forgiving friends and family, whose love is deep enough to walk beside us no matter the depth of our screw ups.

"A friend loves at all times."  Proverbs 17:17

"Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed  to you."  Acts 13:38 

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?