Don't Rob My Joy

Pulling down the driveway I gazed at the lush green vegetation.

Then I was mesmerized by the beauty of this plant which had sprung forth like a bridal bouquet.

June 2
Heading inside, I grabbed the handrail and the devil dart came. Something damp encased the palm of my hand... Bird doo!
How quickly my joy was robbed. Don't you hate that? My mind went from exploding in praise over the beauty of the earth, to "Yuck! Bird doo!" We are commanded to rejoice with those who rejoice and mourn with those who mourn, but we are not to be joy robbers.  I know I've done it to people.  Our response should be elation when others have on their "happy feet."

I went inside and immediately washed my hands and told the devil he wasn't robbing my joy!
Put on your tiara, grab your man a tuxedo and go outside and dance for joy today, because you are loved in a most magnificent manner!

"I will sing for joy in God, explode in praise from deep in my soul!
He dressed me up in a suit of salvation, he outfitted me in a robe of righteousness,
as a bridegroom who puts on a tuxedo and a bride a jeweled tiara.
For as the death bursts with spring wildflowers,
and as a garden cascades with blossoms,  so, the Master, God, 
brings righteousness into full bloom and puts praise on display before the nations."
Isaiah 61:10-11

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?