Contemplate - Reflect



"Reflect upon your present blessings-of which every man has many-
not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some."
Charles Dickens

Contemplate- "think profoundly and at length, meditate."

We did  it!  (Well, at least I did. I think my husband took some phone peeks during the day.) 
Last week we unplugged for eleven hours and it was fabulous!!!!  I remember years ago a woman at a little country church here in our county telling me the computer was the devil! I think I chuckled then, but now I can testify that I (seen as an old lady to many) believe cell phones are a distractive tool of the devil!

While in my contemplative state last week, my heart tug was the damage unkind words bring about.
Oh, that people could see the value of building one another up and not tearing down.  James chapter three addresses the destructive heart condition the Spirit was impressing upon me.

"Are any of you wise or sensible?  Then show it by living right and by being humble and wise in everything you do.  But if your heart is full of bitter jealousy and selfishness, don't brag or lie to coverup the truth.  That kind of wisdom doesn't come from above.  It is earthly and selfish and comes from the devil himself.  Whenever people are jealous or selfish, they cause trouble and do all sorts of cruel things.  But the wisdom that comes from above leads us to be pure, friendly, gently, sensible, kind, helpful, genuine, and sincere.  When peacemakers plant seeds of peace, they will harvest justice."  James 3:13-18

Who do you know that needs to learn this lesson?  Print off this verse and have it on hand to pass along.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?