The Lord Goes Before Us


In everything I've been studying recently, the message has been "It is the Lord who goes before you."

"It is the Lord who goes before you.
He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you.
Do not fear or be dismayed."
Deuteronomy 31:8

I shared I haven't felt well for two months. My doctor scheduled an MRI that was to have been last Friday.  I had done an on-phone questionnaire and then another online one with 10 minutes of questions to rule out anythings in my body that could be dangerous to having an MRI.  

As I showered that morning (that's the place I hear from the Lord quite often), I remembered that two years ago I broke my front tooth on a Saturday night.  I was flying out the next day to Florida where a new grandson was in the ICU.  My sweet dentist met us Sunday morning and did a temporary fix by using a PAPER CLIP as a post for my broken off tooth.  Two weeks later I returned for the replacement tooth and the dentist was unable to get the paper clip out and said we'd just use that and save some money.  Friday morning I thought...paper clips are picked up by magnets?

On the way in I called the MRI office and shared my bizarre story. The tech checked with the doctor who said absolutely NOT. The MRI magnets would have ripped that clip and tooth out and probably burned my body. It would have been a disaster.

Praise God he brought this to mind!  Paper clips in your tooth were not on the questionnaire!
God is always  looking out for his children.

While my medical mystery is not solved, it is well with my soul and I love the way the Lord goes before me!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?