Go With God


"Go with God." As the words washed over my mind following a personal retreat with the Lord, my first thought was... "That's a benediction, a blessing, but what God just gave me was a task to complete?"Hmm, God's assignments usually turn out to be blessings so I best go with God.

Some benedictions raced into my thoughts. You know, like Moses' brother Aaron, gave the Israelites in Numbers chapter six.
There were six statements to cheer them on:

1) May the Lord bless you
2) And keep you.
3) May the Lord smile upon you
4) And be graced unto you.
5) May the Lord show His favor to you
6) And give you peace.

In 2 Corinthians 13:14 Paul poured out this benediction on the Corinthians using the Trinity.
1) The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ
2) The love of God the Father
3) The fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.

And these two...

"Now may our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God our Father, who loved us and gave us eternal comfort and good hope through grace, comfort your hearts and establish them in every good work and word."  2 Thessalonians 2:16-17

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope."  Romans 15:13

Yup, I am to go with God on another "out there" assignment, but I am to go with His blessing, His power, and His provision that the work He has for me to do, He will bring to fruition through the power of the Holy Spirit and I will receive a blessing in the process.

Wherever God is sending you today, He will go with you!


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?