We Are Known

A friend appeared at the door saying, "I brought you a love basket."
Inside were individual warm apple pies.  Oh, so good!

"The Lord is near to the broken hearted
and saves the crushed in spirit."
Psalm 34:18

A couple years ago I read the book The Guernsey Potato Pie Literary Society.  Last night I watched
the impactful movie on Netflicks.  Set in post war 1946, the depiction of loss, cruelty, and emotional devastation that World War II brought is graciously engulfed by the love and community that poured forth as individuals allowed themselves to be known and loved by one another.

Where do you turn when your heart is hurting...
When your guard is down and you allow your spirit to be crushed?
When you are growing weary and don't know what to pray.

As difficult as it is for us to comprehend at times we are known by God and He is near to us always.

Here's a jewel for today.   I played and sang along with Tauren Well's song, "Known" three times the other day.  Yes, oh my yes, His love does come from "ridiculous grace".

"Known" by Tauren Wells
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xckDgX8xNfg
It's so unusual it's frightening You see right through the mess inside me
And you call me out to pull me in You tell me I can start again And I don't need to keep on hiding
I'm fully known and loved by You You won't let go no matter what I do And it's not one or the other
It's hard truth and ridiculous grace To be known fully known and loved by You
I'm fully known and loved by You
It's so like You to keep pursuing It's so like me to go astray, ooh But You guard my heart with Your truth
The kind of love that's bullet proof And I surrender to Your kindness, oh
I'm fully known and loved by You You won't let go no matter what I do And it's not one or the other
It's hard truth and ridiculous grace To be known fully known and loved by You
I'm fully known and loved by You
How real, how wide How rich, how high is Your heart
I cannot find the reasons why You give me so much
How real, how wide How rich, how high is Your heart
Now, I cannot find the reasons why You give me so much
I'm fully known (fully known) and loved by You
You won't let go (no you won't let go) no matter what I do
And it's not one or the other It's hard truth and ridiculous grace
To be known fully known and loved by You I'm fully known and loved by You
It's so unusual it's frightening I'm fully known and loved by You

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?