Completion


I like projects/studies that can be completed in a reasonable amount of time.  Knitting, sewing, painting, cooking, teaching, Bible studies and even devotional writing. There is something in my selection process that leans towards things that afford the comfort of a realistic completion.  

Paul speaks with confident encouragement to the his fellow believers in Philippians 1:6             God is the one who began this good work in you, and I am certain that he won't stop before it is complete on the day that  Christ Jesus returns.

Oh, my.  The process of God's transforming work in me is SLOW. I am so thankful for his patient love and that his timing is an all together concept of my timing.  Salvation from the penalty of sins is immediate upon the acceptance of Christ, but becoming more like Christ (sanctification) is whoa...slow for God's creation called Boo. The pine trees in our yard have grown at a much faster rate than my Christian growth, but He's not finished with me yet.

"God, by his unrivaled, infinite power, will one day remedy everything wrong about you"
John Piper  

And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. James 1:4
 
The Song "He's Still Working On Me"

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?