How's Your Heart?

 

Our Virginia Beach sweet hearts.

"How’s your heart?"  I think that will be my greeters question at church tomorrow.  That's a good twist from "How are you?"


Our hearts can be soaring or sinking for everything flows from our hearts.  Our fears and forgiveness.  Our anger and anxiety.  Our hurts and hopes.  Our doubts and dreams.  Our love and loneliness. Our greed or generosity. The heart makes you who you are, so God reminds us...


Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it." Proverbs 4:23


 "A heart submitted to Christ in prayer is protected by Christ with peace." Boyd Bailey

Cupid is said to have arrows that penetrate our hearts.  I'm known for saying, "The devil has darts" that he tosses at us. Therefore, we need the shield of faith to hold up against those incoming darts.

Recently, my heart was wounded two days in a row through different scenarios. My first instinct was to pick up the phone and call my husband at work and tell him the story. Right after one infliction I received a text from a close girlfriend and oh how I want to tell her and ask her to pray.  When I checked my heart, I realized what I was really wanting was sympathy for the wounds I'd had thrust upon me. Instead, I went to God's Word remembering that I am to pray blessings on those who hurt me. 

Bless those who hurt you. Bless them, and do not call down curses on them. Romans 12:14

Bless those who curse you. Pray for those who hurt you. Luke 6:28

Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult. On the contrary, repay evil with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing. 1 Peter 3:9

Instead of tears, headaches and stomach aches what came was peace as I took every thought captive and remembered the battle is not against flesh and blood.

And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:7

Oh, how I love the One who holds my heart.                                                                                              May we all check how are hearts consistently and be instruments of love and encouragement.

The Song "Guard Your Heart" by Steve Green

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vx65zb8AQpo

 

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?