I Kept the Faith

 

Sitting with our son and daughter-in-law New Year's Eve I said, "I don't think there is anything about 2021 that was really spectacular or I am going to miss. The past 21 months have been so strange with so many people on edge."

What was my measuring stick for that comment? We didn't have a new grandbaby born in 2021, no family weddings, and no opportunity for all our family to gather together.  Me oh my. What a worldly measuring stick.

Four of our grandchildren were baptized in 2021! I participated in two of the most amazing group Bible studies I've ever done, which challenged me and grew me spiritually. I saw numerous people come to the Lord and our daughter have the privilege of baptizing an adult friend. While physically it was a tough year, with God faithfully seen both my husband and myself through everything from kidney stones to COVID. We were privilege to hold one of the most beautiful memorial services we've every participated in here at Shiloh and rejoice that this cousin/friend was now in heaven.  I could go on and on when I think from a faith filled perspective. 

Paul used this criterion as his measure of success: I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Henceforth, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that day, and not only to me but also to all who have leaved his appearing.   2 Timothy 4:7-8

Our days are numbered. Psalm 90:12. Birthday bashes, graduation parties, weddings, births, promotions,  new homes, and long awaiting vacations cannot compare with what awaits us in heaven. And in the waiting, the Lord, our righteous judge, is watching our training progress.  May we all keep our hearts, minds and calculations on what is of eternal value!

 The Song  "Keep the Faith" By Charles Jenkins and the Fellowship Chicago Choir

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XrNaa3CCi8


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?