Take A Moment

Somewhere over the rainbow.

While babysitting at our daughter's new home, which is just 2 minutes from ours, I took more than a moment to gaze upon the rainbow in her front yard and then 20 minutes later stepped onto her back deck and watched the sunset. Her boys kept saying "Where are you going Mama Boo?" And I'd reply, "I just have to see what God is up to with this sunset."

The middle of the night tends to be a good time for me to take a moment to hear from the Lord.  Those are not good times to text the people He brings to mind though as I could cause their phones to ding and awaken them.  After I awaken the day gets going and I forget to take a moment and reach out to those who were on my heart.

Sunday, after church, God thrilled my heart as I looked upon all his people enjoying one another after the service. It's easy to take for granted some of our greatest gifts like living in a country where we can freely gather to worship, praise the Lord and hear from God’s Word.

In my time of reflection, I thought about all the people who take a long moment  to serve Sunday after Sunday as they come to the house of the Lord. The Spirit brought to mind what a joy it has been to serve as a greeter for many years with two women in particular. These gals  genuinely love Jesus and are faithful to serve him.  I took a moment to write them an email saying just that.

Somewhere recently I read the difference we can make in someone's life if we just take a moment to compliment them.

Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.
1 Thessalonians 5:11

I had that opportunity yesterday and chickened out.  I was sitting in my car after water aerobics reading some texts before I drove home.  A very striking woman my age got out of her car to walk in the fitness center.  I thought about the compliment comment I'd seen the day before and could have easily said, "You are beautiful."  But I didn't. I truly believe the Spirit was prompting me to roll down my window and speak, but I thought she might think I was hitting on her!  It may have been a missed opportunity where she needed a kind word that very moment.  Forgive me Lord.

Oh Father, may we be found faithful to "take a moment" to follow you in obedience today.
In Jesus' name, Amen

The Song 
"The Truth I'm Standing On" Leanna Crawford






Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?