Deliver

 

Fellow Princess Warriors loved by God,
 
We need to pray for peace in Israel and I know you all are doing just that.

Saturday morning I awakened in the middle of the night from a nightmare.  We were under attack by terrorists and in my dream my husband was going to fight and I had to pack up our children and flee. I was packing our old station wagon with supplies of what cash we had on hand, food, water, clothing and blankets for our children.  I had been instructed to not take my phone or computer where we could be tracked.  Fortunately, I had an old road map of the US. 

In the dream, we had heard that boats and cars filled with explosives had been used to blow up large gathering places like concert gatherings and football stadiums. So many innocent people were being killed.  Later that day I found myself praying for safety in all the college football stadiums around the nation.

What I didn’t know at that time was that Israel was under attack at that very moment.

When God awakens you in the middle of the night PRAY.

A text came from a friend to pray for our friends who had just arrived Isreal and are now trying to get a flight home.

Once again, I’ve awakened in the dark of the night. Knowing how terrorist work and that fall is the time for Jewish holidays, I went to the Jewish Voice website to see how to be praying specifically and also check out exactly when these holidays were occurring this calendar year.


Sukkot is a seven-day holiday commemorating God’s provision for the Israelites as they journeyed through the wilderness.

Ended Friday, October 6th.

Simchat Torah celebrates the Torah, which in it’s most literal definition is the first five books of the Bible. Simchat Torah marks the end and restart of the annual Torah Portion (or Parasha) reading cycle.

Date

Begins at sunset October 7, 2023   This is exactly when Hammas plotted to attack.
Ends at sunset October 8, 2023

"The Hamas incursion on Simchat Torah, a normally joyous day when Jews complete the annual cycle of reading the Torah scroll, revived painful memories of the 1973 Mideast war practically 50 years to the day, in which Egypt and Syria (with Russian help) launched a surprise attack on Yom Kippur, the holiest day on the Jewish calendar.”

As I began to pray the Lord gave me the word deliver. So I began looking up scriptures on God delivering his people.

Here are a few we can be praying. I encourage you to go to the Jewish Voice website as well.

Isaiah 41:10

Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Psalm 91:1-16

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”

Psalm 46:1

…God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

Psalm 138:7

Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life; you stretch out your hand against the wrath of my enemies, and your right hand delivers me.

2 Thessalonians 3:3

But the Lord is faithful. He will establish you and guard you against the evil one.

Exodus 14:14

The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to be silent.

Psalm 140:4

Guard me, O Lord, from the hands of the wicked; preserve me from violent men, who have planned to trip up my feet.


We are commanded in Psalm 122:6 to pray for the peace of Jerusalem.  
May we be found faithful today to pray specifically for Netanyahu. May he be God’s Joshua to lead the people of Israel! Our church is currently studying Joshua! Interesting coincidence.
I was glad when they said to me, “Let us go to the house of the Lord!” Our feet have been standing within your gates, O Jerusalem!
Jerusalem—built as a city that is bound firmly together, to which the tribes go up, the tribes of the Lord, as was decreed for Israel, to give thanks to the name of the LordThere thrones for judgment were set  the thrones of the house of David. Pray for the peace of Jerusalem!  “May they be secure who love you! Peace be within your walls and security within your towers!” For my brothers and companions’ sake I will say,
 “Peace be within you!” For the sake of the house of the Lord our God I will seek your good.  Psalm 122
Another site I’ve been on this morning is Chosen People.com

Love to each of you,
Boo

Here is another timely devotional that came into my inbox at 4AM.  
My husband and I had just had a discussion on how purely evil, demonically possessed, terrorists are.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?