Thirst


 Two of our sons explaining the rules for diving, one at a time in belts or jackets,   for treasure that is buried in a shallow area of our lake property.

Thirsting for Jesus is the true treasure hunt!

Oh God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you; my soul thirst for you;

my flesh faints for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water.

Psalm 63:1

In Bible study fellowship, around the world, we are studying the book of John and currently taking a look at the scene of Jesus with the Samaritan woman at the well.

Both the sinner and the Savior were in need of water to sustain them on earth, so they had gone to a well.  (Jesus went knowing he would meet a woman in need of more than the momentary physical refreshment of water. She needed to drink of the spiritual water that only comes from Jesus.)

In John 4:13-15 ...Jesus said to her, 

“Everyone who drinks of this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again. The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life."


The Song (Just close your eyes. There is no video)

"Thirst" by Phil Wickham

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wD4a_n9j-SQ

Here are the lyrics if you want to meditate on those.

Wash over me like a tidal waveClean out what pulls me to the graveNothing left that You don't love
Take me where Your river flowsHeal the desert in my soulLet it wash over my feetAll I'm asking for is just a drink
I thirst for YouYes, my soul it thirsts for YouEven as the deer is panting for the streamEven though my soul is thirstyI thirst for You
Spirit of the living GodWould You fall afresh like rain on usBurst the doors and flood the hallsInto forgotten rooms inside our hearts
And we will all be swept awayIn the current of Your love and graceLiving water flow to meAll I'm asking for is just a drink
I thirst for YouYes, my soul it thirsts for YouEven as the deer is panting for the streamEven though my soul is thirstyAnd I thirst for You
One thing I ask, and I would seek to see You there in front of meWith nothing standing in the way, just me before You unashamed
One thing I ask, and I would seek to see You there in front of meWith nothing standing in the way, just me before You unashamed
Just me before You unashamedJust me before You unashamedJust me before You unashamedJust me before You unashamed
Oh, I thirst for You, I thirst for YouYou're the well that won't run dry, only You can satisfyI thirst for You, I thirst for YouLiving water flow to meAll I ask is just one drink, I thirst for You


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?