They're Watching

 

Behind the shades!

We all know we are being watched at most every turn in life.  Right now there is a computer camera staring at me in my nightgown.  We have security cameras throughout our property that catch us in embarrassing moments and grandchildren doing silly things much more often than property offenders. Look up at your next stoplight and wave at the camera.

I chuckled recently when a girlfriend shared she and her husband were hesitant to be intimate after he had a heart monitor implanted.  She said, "Do you think it has a camera?"

We are being watched in another very impactful way. We are being watched by our children and grandchildren on how to navigate life!  I think I've share that with the knee pain I battle it is much less painful to walk down the stairs backwards, so that is what I do.  Three of our grandchildren follow suit when they are with me. Their little minds figure if it's good for me, it's good for them.

When I sneak a sugary afternoon snack, they are watching.

Whenever I complain over the mundane they are listening.

When I grumble at the person who cuts me off for a parking space in the parking lot or the lack of people who volunteer for a need, they are listening.

When I get up Sunday morning excited to go to church, when it would be easy to head to the dock or out on the boat, they are watching.

When they are visiting and see me set aside a designated time for Bible study with friends they are watching.

When they see me excited to see their Papa come home from work and lay a kiss upon his lips they are watching.

When I pray over them at night or whenever they express a need they are listening.

Hmm, when I say, "I've got to have an afternoon nap, join me."...they don't.

The Song

"Be An Example" Joe Zichterman (piano solo with lyrics)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRQM1GPBSZI




Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?