I've Loved You for a Long, Long, Time Birthday Boy

Happy, Happy Birthday to My Guy

 




Today, I pause to thank God for the way he created my husband and brought him into the world on March 18th. I thank Him for the privilege of being his wife all these years and having him as the father of our six children.  (One who was born on this same day 40 years ago.)  I am asking God to order my husband's steps today and fill them with unexpected blessings as he takes the love of Christ into hospitals, nursing homes and the homes of shut ins.  I should have cancelled my plans and ridden side saddle with him, but the nursing home ladies would be very disappointed to not have him to themselves.

Instead, I will work on a candlelight dinner with some of his favorite beach tunes playing in the background and we will slowdance in the kitchen.

As I read Eccleisastes I said, "Amen." We were laboring picking up sticks and trimming shrubs on the acreage at Shiloh Saturday and held one another up more than once!  Okay, he held me up a lot more than I held him.

Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor: 
If either of them falls down, one can help the other up.                            
But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up.
If two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone?
Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves.
A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.  Ecclesiastes 4:9-12


The Song (May I alwasy be his girl.)

"My Girl"








Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?