What Can You Say About the Word of God


A beautiful friend putting God's Word into song.

The question came across my mind...What can you say about the Word?  
I started typing...
It fills me up and never leaves me feeling empty.
It’s everlasting, it’s true, it’s from God.
It speaks to every generation. It never changes.
It will judge us righteously and cause us to be accountable to an everlasting God that never fails.
It can be stored in our hearts and changes the condition of our hearts
It is our hope.

Then I went and looked up verses…
It is quick and powerful and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the diving asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Hebrews 4:12

Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. Psalm 119:105

The unfolding of your words gives light; it imparts understanding to the simple. Psalm 119:130

All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work. 2 Timothy 3:16-17

“Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.”                  Matthew 24:25

Why wouldn't  you read the Word of God everyday?

Most nights when I crawl in bed and take one last look at my phone, I ususally play a game of solitaire and a word game. My husband laughs because sometime I'll play a game that I have absolutely no idea how to play.  The truth is while they slow my thoughts and distract me they leave me empty. I am so much better off reading the Word of God before I go to sleep.

The Song

Word of God Speak  Mercy Me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JK_6osCH74


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?