Two Final Thoughts...

 

This amarylis was an early December Christmas gift that just bloomed!
Worth the wait!

Two final thoughts from And the Angels Were Silent.


The Money Changers (Matthew 21:12-13)

Whew! Check this quote out.

“Want to anger God? Get in the way of people who want to see God.


Invitations

Another "Whew" from me. People who do not respond to invitations, be it personal invites (dinner parties/weddings) or for church events, get my feathers ruffled.  I know it's not of eternal value, but Jesus' invite is.


In his book, Lucado writes about Jesus' invitation to us. "A once in a life time invitation, like a marriage proposal. What if you were asked to be married and you replied, hey let’s talk about that later, there’s a movie on right now I want to see. What does your schedule look like next week and we can talk about it?"


Jesus actually invites us to several things....


To Rest

 “Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.”       Matthew 11:28


To be on His discipleship team.

“Follow Me, and I will make you become fishers of men." Mark 1:17

“If anyone desires to come after me,” said Jesus, “let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me.” Luke 9:23

To live in the realm of God.

“Abide in Me, and I in you.” John 15:4

”He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty."  Psalm 91:1

"Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door,     I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me." Revelation 3:20

To have eternal life.

“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life." John 3:16

"If you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved..." Romans 10:9


Last week my husband and I listened to the hearts of grieving people who unexpectedly lost loved ones from a heart attack, a car accident, suicide and dying in their sleep. No one knows the moment our lives will end on this earth.  If you have never RSVPed to Jesus, please say "Yes, I believe in You and accept your invitation."


The Song

"Jesus is Coming Back" Jordan Feliz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPo4wuQolTQ

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?