Just Shut Down and Start Again

The newest 5 year old in the family.
 

Recently, I have stewed over a phone issues and a computer issue finally realizing I probably need to go and get professional help (or a younger mind) to resolve the issue.  Long story short, all that needed to be done in each instance was to shut off the device and get a fresh start.  Isn't that so appropriate for life!!!! Our God is the graciuos King of do overs and allows us to start again with Him.

Just the other day I wrote about  Proverb 24:10  (CEV) 

"Don't give up and be helpless in times of trouble."  

God will make a way when there seems to be no way.

He didn't create us to be quitters.  Earlier this month I was overloaded.  Even more than a "Calgon take me away" moment.  It was "Let's sell everything and move away to a tiny quiet spot and do nothing."  I kid you not, the next morning I picked up a book I was reading I Want God by Lisa Whittle and she was writing on comfort.  She wrote that if you are feeling like running away to a deserter island and living in a hut, know that is not from God.  Hmm, guess that nixes my getaway.

Our comfort is not on this earth. We are here as servants. On mission from our heavenly Father.

I'll share some more of Whittle's comfort thoughts tomorrow.

Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.  Matthew 11:28-30

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. 2 Corinthians 1:3-4

The Song

“God of All Comfort” Ellie Holcomb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hhf5Ghk-O7E

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?