Be Ready


I missed celebrating Easter with my family at church and lunch at a friend's home due to a stomach bug.

Okay, so I was born with a propensity to be obsessive complulsive.  The straight A student who had to have her homework and special assignments done well before the deadline.  The person who likes things organized...yes, my spices are alphabetized and my closet color coordinated. Never let the gas tank get below a quarter of a tank; I really prefer it not being under a half in case I need to make a quick getaway.

Last weekend our project was prepping the pontoon boat with waters, first aid kit, toilet paper (LOL), diapers, blankets, towels, life jackets, cleaning supplies for upcoming boat rides.  

When I went to the Kurig to make a Chai Latte and there was no water in the side tank that triggered the "Got to BE READY" thought.  Every morning I fill that up container up in case someone pops in and needs a coffee or tea.  

God sent me six children to get me to "chill" out and learn what is of eternal value and it's not of the things above.  What is of eternal value is to "be ready" when Jesus returns.

"Therefore, stay awake, for you do not know on what day your Lord is coming. But know this, that if the master of the house had known in what part of the night the thief was coming, he would have stayed awake and would not have let his house be broken into. Therefore you also must be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect."  Matthew24:42–44


Worth the Read

"Seven Ways to Prepare for Jesus’ Return-Mark 13:24-37"

https://explorethebible.lifeway.com/blog/adults/7-ways-to-prepare-for-jesus-return-session-11-mark-1324-37/


The Song

Heart and Flesh” Leeland and Taya

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0fEu5R6-AA




Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?