My Bloom


 

Part of the Speed Mentoring program we participate in at our church involves engaging the mentee in conversation by asking them to answer three questions related to a rose. 

1 Please share a bud-something good in your life right now.

2 Please share a bloom- something you are looking forward to.

3 Please share a thorn- something you would like me to be praying for.

Sharing about mentoring with a group of women at a retreat recently, I thought,  "Lord, help me be prepared to answer those questions if someone asks me."

1) The bud is that I am more in love with my husband than I've ever been in 48 years.

2) The bloom I'm looking forward to summer ministry at Shiloh and to Jesus coming back to earth.

3) The th0rn would be for healing in my left knee and leg, but in the meantime to be joyful always, praying without ceasing and in all things giving thanks and pointing others to Jesus, even with a limp.

The very next morning a friend sent this song.

And I could be joyful that morning because our 6 year old grandson's pirate birthday was being held at our house and if his friends asked, "Why does your grandmother limp?" He can say, "Because she is a pirate. She has a peg leg!"

The Song

Come Jesus Come” Cece Winas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9NjB38sDvQ

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?