He Prepares A Table

 

I've always enjoyed setting a pretty table. My father enjoyed beautiful china and gave all of his children and grandchildren 12 piece place settings, with matching serving pieces from china patterns that had special meaning to him.  On this table in our kitchen is my paternal grandmother's pattern that she told me from the time I was a little girl would become mine when I married.

The other day my husband shared with me that every night before he falls asleep he recited Psalm 23 from memory and he hopes he never forgets it. We both remember learning this Psalm in our elementary years. I told him I wished reciting the Psalm was something we would do together at night, but then we laughed, because we never go to sleep at the same time.  He can be out by 8PM and right now I am typing away at 12 AM as he snores beside me.     

But I will type these words David, a man after God's own heart, knew all too well and thank God for the man beside me who has closed his eyes this night reciting the same words.  How did it take me 45 years to learn this about him?

"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.
He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

Even thought I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil.
For you are with me; your rod and your staff they comfort me.

You prepare a table for me in the presence of my enemies;
you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.

Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever."  Psalm 23

The Song  (This is an "Oh Wow" take me to the presence of the Lord, song.)

    

    

    

  

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?