Shut Down and Start Again

 

Frustration grew as I attempted to write a devotional. Every time I opened a draft, the screen clicked to a page saying "Post Edit" and it simply showed the words from the post, but nothing could be done on that page. Each time I would have to exit the site.

The thought that the enemy placed on my mind was "Okay, time to quit doing this, I just cant' write this anymore."  But I knew the sound of defeat, so I prayed "What should I do Lord?"  The answer, "Shut the whole computer down and start again."

When the machine rebooted my inbox popped up and there was a devotional holding the perfect scripture for the piece I had been working on and in the process God gave me the idea for this post, so it was a win, win.  Walking with Jesus is just like that.

We feel discouraged, defeated, guilty, grieved beyond belief, or not good enough and in our shutting down we find the One who shows us how to start again.  The One who shows us our sins can be forgiven and a clean slate placed before us.

Maybe you need to reboot with Jesus today. Go away to a quite place and sit with Him.

But so many people were coming and going that Jesus and the apostles did not even have a chance to eat. Then Jesus said, “Let's go to a place where we can be alone and get some rest.”  Mark 6:31

See, I am doing a new thing!  Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?"             Isaiah 43:19

Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning. Lamentations 3:22-23

The Song

"Beautiful Day" Jamie Grace

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPy0ctqMwE0



Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?