Distractions

 



My eyes actually ached as the sunlight coming through the windows beconed me to I opened them. Before I could get them opened the Lord had a song lyric on my heart and something very profound he wanted to me write, but I I allowed distraction to grab me as a gorgeous sunset came into view.

One thing led to another.  The sequence of photos taken above and then the desire to share them with my "Sisters of the Round Table" Bible Study group who were spending Easter weekend variouis places. I wanted to remind them no matter where we are, what the sun rise looks like, Jesus is alive and active right where we are.

By then, whatever it was the Lord had wanted me to write was long gone. Even the song wouldn't come back to mind. I had not put "first things first" and been submissive to "quick" obedience and the message He had for me might never return.  He did leave me with the lesson that we are easily disctracted from His calling, even by good things like grandchildren and sunrises! 

I began singing "Holy Spirit you are welcome here. Come flood this place and fill the atmosphere. Your glory God is what our hearts long for, to be overcome by Your presence, Lord."

Longing for this brain to stir up a recall and remembrance of what God had spoken I began an ABC search. It didn't bring back to mind what I loss, but it was a good exercise in listening.  Hmm, maybe if I go back to sleep and wake up again it will come to me.

A-Almighty, authentic   B-become  C-captivate  D-decisions  E-eternal F-forgiveness G-goodness

H-helpful, heavenward I-inner being J-judgement K-King L-level headed M-monetary giving

N-nailed O-opportunities P-powerful Q-quick R-recovery S-supreme T-turn back U-unbelievable

V-victorious W-wonderful   X-eXamine Y-yearn  Z-zeal

Mary was distracted by chores. Sampson and David were distracted by women.  The enemy is at work, drawing our attention away from keeping our eyes on Jesus and being directed by the Holy Spirit, in a multitude of ways.

We are warned in 1 Peter 5:8 "Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversay the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour."

The Song

"God Is Good” Austin French

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM2KXVHdaP4


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?