Did Jesus Wear Underwear?



April 24
It's been a week of running late.  Meeting a group of ladies to study God's Word  yesterday, I rushed into meet them and said, "I've rushed around so this morning I don't even know if I have my bra and panties on."  Later going to the bathroom, I had to laugh…my undies were on, but they were on inside out! The stall was too cramped to take my long pants off my long legs and right the wrong.

When I got home and went to rectify the problem I thought to myself "Did Jesus wear underwear?"
It is definitely not of eternal value, and while it's a question I've never posed; it is not one I will ponder any longer.

A verse well worth meditating, which occurs after Jesus has fed the 5,00, walked on water and is trying to explain to his disciples he is the "Bread of Life," is John 6:28-29.
Unlike the underwear issues, which I have laid to rest, I will keep meditating on this passage.

"Then they asked him, 'What must we do to do the works God requires?'
Jesus answered, 'The work of God is this, to believe in the one he has sent.'"

The Message translation states it this way:
"To that they said, 'Well, what do we do then to get in on God's works?'
Jesus said, "Throw your lot in with the One that God has sent. 
That kind of commitment gets you in on God's works.'"


So, I'm asking myself..."Am I sold out for Jesus?"  Am I like the woman in Bethany who risks it all emotionally, financially, and even by going into a dangerous situation to anoint Jesus with expensive perfume? (Mt 6:6-8)  How important is He to me?  How important is it to me for others to see how I love Him, simply by faith?

"For we walk by faith, not by sight."
2 Corinthians 5:7

Yesterday's Biblegateway passage was Romans 14:11

"It is written:  'As surely as I live," says the Lord, 
'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will acknowledge God.'"


And for those of us who ascend to heaven, my guess is we leave our underwear behind, because our new bodies will not need that piece of apparel.  That's just my personal opinion!

Jesus I love you!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?