The Blame Game


My  mother's term of endearment was "Sweetie."
This butterfly Valentine was created using a pack of sweeties as the body.

February 12
Wash away my guilt and cleanse me from my sin.  Psalm 51:2

Recently,  I was talking with a young lady who had been caught in the sinful act of stealing. Guilt was eating her up, as her act was against an individual whom she loved and uncovered by someone she respected.  Having the opportunity to counsel with her took me back to Genesis 3, where Adam, Eve and the Serpent are tossing around a forbidden fruit.  The culmination of this temptation story finds Adam and Eve in the justification process with the "blame game" as their key defense.  Blame and trying to make excuses for our actions is not sincere repentance.

Acts 3:19 says, "Therefore repent and turn back, so that your sins may be wiped out, that seasons of refreshing, may come from the presence of the Lord..."  We must repent and turn back to Jesus and ask him..."Restore the joy of Your salvation to me, and give me a willing spirit." Psalm 51:12

When this young woman could finally utter the words, "I sinned and need forgiveness," to the other parties involved, there was the sweetest joy restored to them all.






Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?